Sunday, May 20, 2012

SuperDad


Who...
Is quicker than a speeding tricycle,
Jumps cars (matchbox) in a single leap,
Can withstand toxic aromas of "#2s",
Endures long hours of Yo Gabba Gabba,
Hears sirens of toy cars from 100 ft,
Transforms into a human jungle gym,
 and only has one weakness
absentmomonite...




SUPERDAD 


O.K, true test of wits and power here! We are going to be without mommy for a whole week! That's right, Daddy, our two year old son, and one year old daughter. This is going to be interesting. Here I stand at the gates of uncharted territories with only three weapons of choice... food, toys, and diapers (which reminds me that I have to get some diapers before I find myself in a stinky situation!). I am really going to get a good taste of what Lisa does on a daily basis 24/7/365. 


One thing we have noticed, especially lately, is that God has designed us differently when it comes to parenting. For example, indoors Lisa has complete control and keeps her cool where I can become a frantic mess. Outdoors daddy has home field advantage. I can chase and play, hunt and hide where Lisa becomes frantic. God in His infinite wisdom placed us together with equal value, different roles, and the abilities to cover for the other when we get frantic. 

 Now I am at home with my little ones and mommy is not there! Can I do this? Will I be able to withstand my one weakness, my Achilles heal, my vulnerability... absentmomonite! I will definitely need a Power greater than myself. I will have to stay tapped into The Source of my strength. I will have to lean not on my own understanding, but in all my ways acknowledge Him! Patience will be tested... battle of wits will take place... the days long and night short, but will I see it through?

All jokes aside, this is new for me. Lisa has not been gone a couple of hours yet and I am cramming to think of all the "mom stuff" that I might not think of in a pinch. This Mother's day I got the opportunity to preach at our home church Immanuel. I self-admitted that I cannot do what my wife does. She is an awesome mom and going to be greatly missed....even for a week.

Let's lay a hold of some of God's promises that we can agree on (please agree on with me!)
  1. 2nd Corinthians 12:9-10-   9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.10 Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
  2. Philippians 4:11-13-  11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.12 I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
  3. Psalm 23:4 -  4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
God's grace is sufficient even when we face new and challenging circumstances within parenting. It is in our weakness that we find His strength to be able to do what nobody (including ourselves) thinks we can do. No matter where we find ourselves in parenting; whether it is in the E.R. with our child, dealing with disciplinary issues, or just at home for a week without mommy God's promise is that we can face all things through Him who is our strength. In the light of that we can stand in the valley without fear because HE IS WITH US!

Now, enjoy this funny video about the Dad Life 


We Miss You Mommy!

P.s. Gram is helping me!

1 comment:

Lisa Lynch said...

George,

You are going to do great! You are a Wonderful Father & Husband! Thanks for this blog & video, I love it! You're so funny :)

Lots of Love -Mommy xoxo