Friday, May 25, 2012

The Beginning of Wisdom?

It's Starting!
Driving down the road, I looked in the rear view mirror and there it was. So noticeably nestled among the fertile flowing hair of my youth. White! One long flowing strand in a forest of healthy brown hair.

I'm thirty-one! Isn't that too young? Shouldn't I have another five years or so before this starts to happen? I know we are all headed in the same direction when it comes to age, but I'm not sure if I am ready for salt & pepper hair ( well, there is always the Clooney look!) or white hair (is that the Moses look?). Life has got it's stresses with family, work, ministry, and everything else, so what is gained?

"Wisdom is with aged men, With long life is understanding."

Is this the beginning of wisdom? Will I be one of those "white haired daddies"? Do I dye my hair to try (ever so vainly) to keep my youth? Do I let the wisdom flow so that I can be a distinguished wise father? I sure don't feel wise most of the time. Parenting when you weren't really parented can leave you scratching your head most of the times. What some see as "Wise Parenting" can feel like trial and error testing in my home. So, with the onset of "Moses'ashia" I hope wisdom is working it's way through.

"The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom, and whatever you get, get insight." 

I can say this, as our days of parenting move into the future we are getting wisdom and insight not only in how to raise our kids, but how God intends to raise us up as His. Just think of the unlimited amount of wisdom in parenting and daily living that is birthed out of our relationship with the Father. Wisdom and insight into the things of God truly apply to all areas of live, especially parenting since the family unit is a direct expression of Him. We do have a wise and insightful Father ready to share all of His counsel with us. I wonder if God really does have white hair? 

"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established;"

Well parents, if white/gray hair is a sign of growing wisdom than our homes are built on it! No doubt that in today's culture homes are being destroyed due to lack of wisdom and understanding. Parents don't understand their children (and some chose not to try), children don't understand their parents (most chose not to try), and the roles of authority have practically been reversed! Wisdom builds and understanding establishes. Do we get those reversed sometimes? I think we can.

All in all, I think I will let the white flow! I think I could be a "hot-white haired husband & distinguished daddy". Maybe my wisdom, insight, and understanding are beginning to find their place. That's not something I want to cover up or be embarrassed of. God knows every hair on my head (brown or white) and He is the one who placed them, so who am I to object.... right Job?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

iterrngWhere O where is that little grey hair? Good message once again, George. God is truly doing some teaching with you and you in turn are teaching anyone who has ears to hear...