Monday, October 5, 2009

My "Security" Blanky


I was at work today and the minister of the hour was talking about his son and how his son freaks out if he looses his little monkey. I think back to my "blanky", now the one in the picture is not mine. Mine has been long gone. Ok, so maybe not long... I had it boxed up until I was about 23. Anyway, I couldn't go to sleep with out that blanket. I don't know why it brought me such comfort, it just did. I remember my sisters was called "Pick and Fuz" because she would pick hers a part until it was fuz! I wouldn't let her get a hold of my blanky!. From childhood we are longing for that sense of security and love that we seem to sometimes find in the oddest things. I guess we don't stray to far from that as adults do we? The minister, Aaron, said that one day his son would realize that security isn't found in his monkey, but the one who gave him the monkey. (I.E. "Father") The same is so true today. Out of all the things we try to get security and significance out of, are we looking to the Provider or just the object?

What are we putting our trust in, to where do we run when we need security?

Psalms 61:3 says; "For Thou hast been a refuge for me, a Strong Tower the enemy".
Proverbs 18:10 says; "The name of Jehovah is a Strong Tower, the righteous run into it, and is safe."

I want my son to know that he can come to me and feel safe, that when he needs refuge he knows to run to daddy. God wants the same from us. What are we running to other than God? Have you ever said to your child, "Why didn't you come to me first?" I don't even want to have to ask my children that question and I don't believe God wants to either. Go to Him, He is your Strong Tower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

George,I am blown away at this God's new venture in your young life! To think that God had such awesome plans for you while you were yet in your mother's womb...WOW! Love You, Mom G.