Friday, October 9, 2009

He sings over us


My wife got me a guitar for our first anniversary. I had been telling her that I wanted to learn to play so I could sing songs to my son. (I should have asked for singing lessons too:) I sat down one night and wrote my son his very own lullaby. I have taken joy in singing little songs to my wife's belly. It brings us such joy to know that new life is on the way; a little bit of me, a little bit of her, and a whole lot of God. We want to be involved with the deepest desires of our children. Parents want to be "All up in the Kool-Aid" as the saying goes. We want our children to know that we will protect them like a powerful warrior, that we will keep them safe. As parents we take pleasure in this. It is our Joy to be our child's all. We rejoice in knowing that our children take delight in us and we take delight in them. Our children can become enriched in our love for them. Our love can fabricate them into wonderful people. They can rest in our love as we cuddle them in our arms singing sweet lullabies in their ears.
Zephaniah 3:17 talks about Our God having this same love for us.

"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing."

A God that wants to be involved in all that we do... ALL THAT WE DO! He wants us to know that He is our Protector and Powerful Warrior on our behalf. He is our safety. The songs He must sing over us! We are His delight, it brings Him Joy for us to rest in His love, to take delight in Him. It is His love that fabricates us into His children. How often I wish I would just curl up in His arms and listen to the sweet lullaby He is singing over me. Unconditional Love.

No comments: